Fits: 911 and 912 (69-89), all 930, 914
Rebel S Racing Product's front A-arm bushing set provides a semi-solid and super low friction design intended for both street cars and fully dedicated track machines. The maintenance free, replaceable bushing inserts are guaranteed to last as long as you own your car. Front and rear bushing housings are self-aligning to provide an easy installation with a co-linear relationship for ideal A-arm and suspension function. Zero deflection at suspension pivot points will provide both street and race cars with optimal geometry. Stainless steel inner races combined with the super low friction coefficient of the bushing sleeves, allows the spring and shock to function properly without having resistance from the old rubber bushings or undersized polyurethane types. This performance upgrade produces a more tunable, predictable, and comfortable front suspension.
Made in USA.
- Extremely low coefficient of dynamic friction actually gets lower as more load is applied. These bushings add rigidity to the front suspension during chassis flex as the A-arms play an integral role in keeping the
front suspension tray from flexing. Their friction coefficient provides zero binding, as dynamic loads increase the bushings become more slippery, this means less resistance and friction.
- Utilizes easily replaceable PTFE (Teflon) impregnated self lubricating thermoplastic polymer bushing liners.
- Electro-polished stainless steel inner races.
- Billet 6061 T6 CNC machined front and rear bushing housings.
- Replaces factory stamped steel front and rear housings and rubber bushings.
- Optional self-aligning spherical washers for housings provide co-linear operation. These correct vertical misalignment of the system caused by damaged front suspension pan mounting points, making them recommended for a sure and easy install, but not absolutely necessary for every particular chassis.
- Easy do-it-yourself installation with detailed instructions included.
- Provides absolute minimal deflection of front control arm pivot points.
- Guaranteed to last as long as you own your car!
- Proprietary Rebel S Racing (RSR Products) design.
- Sold in complete sets of 4 bushings (completes one car). Also available in stealth black
Rebel S Racing (RSR) Front Bushing Set
- A look inside the technology used for our RSR bushing sets:Check out this detailed description of why Rebel S Racing chooses to use the best thermoplastic materials available.
Self-lubricating thermoplastic bushings do not suffer from any of the pitfalls of sintered bronze bearings, because they are injection molded from a blend of thermoplastic materials, embedded reinforcing fibers and solid lubricant.
The fiber reinforced materials maintain the bushing’s strength and resistance to high forces and edge loads. The solid lubricants help to lower the coefficient of friction. Since the lubricant is embedded inside millions of tiny chambers, it can not be pressed out. From these chambers, the plastic bushings release tiny amounts of solid lubricant during movement.
Thermoplastic bushings have a low wear rate, superior chemical resistance to sintered bronze bearings, and operate quietly. They are dirt, dust, UV, and corrosion resistant and have a high load capacity.
Plastic bushings are usually underestimated at high temperatures, yet short-term temperatures over 572° Fahrenheit and long-term temperatures of up to 482° Fahrenheit are possible. Their dry-running nature means dirt particles do not stick to the surface, but instead deflect off it. For this reason, optimal performance can be maintained even in extremely dirty environments.
Overall benefits include:
Well tested and proven to work!
- Freedom from maintenance:
injection-molded bearings in almost any application. Their resistance to dirt, dust and chemicals make Thermoplastic bushings can replace bronze, metal-backed and custom plastic bearings a 'fit-and-forget' solution.
- Self-lubricating bearings transfer lubricant onto the shaft to help lower the coefficient of friction and are impervious to dirt, dust or other contaminants.No messy lubricants:
- Consistent coefficient of friction (COF): Plastic bearings are designed to maintain a low COF consistently over the long lifetime of the bearing. Compared to metal-backed bearings, which can become scratched and increase the COF, these plastic bearings will last longer.
- Plastic bearings can be used in wash-down applications, salt Corrosion- and chemical resistance: water and harsh chemicals without compromising performance. Water can even be considered as a lubricant for plastic bearings.
Six Flags Theme Park, located in California, is home to the "X" rollercoaster - the only one of its kind that travels through four dimensions. This creates a unique sensation for riders who sit each side of the ride
rack and rotate independently of the ride vehicle.
A special component of the chassis, called the X-Bogie, enables the unique rotation of the seat on the X-Trains. It has four wheels, which travel along the track and are attached to pivot housings responsible for
Loads induced on the vehicle components tax both the bearings and lubricants. Space restrictions also make it difficult to lubricate or to perform any regular maintenance. Due to its complex design, the “X”-
Bogie requires a special bushing that is both lubrication- and maintenance-free. It also needs to be highly flexible to achieve the vibration dampening essential for optimal performance.
These same thermoplastic bushings we use were chosen because they possess superior load capabilities and zero maintenance compared to bronze bushings and also reduce surface pressure and
shaft wear. Thermoplastic is a dry running and maintenance-free breakthrough in bushing technology, this is why our bushing sets will last the life of your Porsche.
- Freedom from maintenance: